Employees love coming to work in a thriving workplace. But to win their trust and confidence, virtual assistant companies should embrace Equal Employment Opportunity and become advocates of workers’ safety even if in a work-from-home environment. An employer must understand their broad scope of recognition. But what is equal employment opportunity (EEO) exactly? Let’s discuss the definition and why practicing EEO is good for virtual assistant companies.
What is Equal Employment Opportunity?
EEO pertains to the concept of equal treatment concerning employment. It prohibits discrimination based on many factors, like gender, ethnicity, race, color, disability, religion, and age. Specific laws introduced by many organizations will lessen any chances of discrimination in the workplace and companies are required to follow and adhere to them strictly.
Even if different versions of EEO are available in many countries, the focus stays the same–everyone has equal opportunities. For instance, US EEO is the Employment Act of 1967 and India’s Articles 15 and 16. Carrying out all EEO acts and rules is the job of federal agencies. Who are tasked to do the following:
- Promote gender equality
- Stop discrimination
- Answer and solve any complaint quickly
- Create awareness on LGBTQIA+ rights
Without EEO, managers, employees, and even virtual assistants experience burnout and miss out on growth opportunities because their work is no longer efficient.
Elevated Employee Engagement
Companies consider this a major concern because of ineffective and outdated ideas. Experimenting with new ideas shouldn’t limit your efforts in the long term. EEO also establishes a good work environment with the following:
- Build an open, friendly culture concerning mutual trust and respect toward fellow employees.
- Boost effective team dynamics and transparent communication within the company.
- Promote employees’ accountability and encourage co-worker performance.
- Open interaction and engagement with each employee without discriminating colleagues on their gender or hierarchical rank in the company.
Stronger Virtual Assistant Companies Reputation
A company having a strong brand reputation is what people are searching for. Building that reputation needs a work culture centered on your employees. Make your presence valuable in the competitive market, and your branding will also improve. Start from the ground up if you want to build your reputation strong and last longer. Don’t damage your brand because of the lack of equal opportunities. EEO can help your company when you do abide by these:
- Promote your employees to advocate your brand organically.
- Take advantage of the competitive world.
- Captivate talented people all around the world.
- Lure various clients and build their trust in your brand.
Improved Recruitment with a Vast Pool of Talents
Leaders know that finding talents is like throwing themselves in the middle of a war. Changes are essential when hiring the right virtual assistant. Be thoughtful and give everyone equal opportunities. Phoenix Virtual Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We hire our healthcare virtual staff based on their talent and skills. Remove discrimination and bias since these practices are unhealthy even for virtual assistant companies. EEO helps leaders do these:
- Pick talented people who can fulfill business needs and requirements.
- Facilitate a smooth-sailing hiring process.
- Diminish the biased hiring decisions during the recruitment.
- Focus on evaluating applicants’ skillset and abilities which are a value-addition to the company.
- Build a proficient team of healthcare virtual staff with the right know-how and capacity to perform challenging tasks to add to the overall organizational growth.
The policies and training on Equal Employment Opportunity are not only for employees and remote workers like virtual assistants but also employers and virtual assistant companies. When the organization enforces laws, the employees have protection on their identities and against any unlawful undertaking. It earns their respect and trust.
Increase employee retention and satisfaction. Phoenix Virtual Solutions ensure a home-based work environment conducive to the versatile development of their healthcare virtual staff. Contact us today to achieve more milestones in a short period with excellent results in serving customers with our offshore outsourcing services.