Be Part Of Our Team
Phoenix Virtual Solutions offer offshore staffing to healthcare providers, facilities, and management companies. Our management team has 75 years of combined experience in the US healthcare industry, bringing to the table our first-hand knowledge of healthcare processes and best practices.
Send us an email to [email protected].
Please add the position you are applying for on the subject line.
Patient Support Specialist
Job Title : Patient Support Specialist
Reporting To : TBA
Employment Status : Full Time
Work Schedule : 8AM-5PM (PST,EST, CST, or MST whichever is applicable)
Benefits : Full Benefits upon Regularization
The Patient Support Services role is responsible for interacting with patients to help them understand healthcare, insurance, and cost of procedures. They may connect patients with doctors and specialists, review options for treatment, and discuss financial responsibilities. You will assist clients with applying for benefits through hospital charity assistance programs, Social Security, and Medicaid to ensure that all types of eligible funding for health care services is available for patients. This includes assisting the patients and others to complete forms, applications, and other paperwork.
- Answer all incoming calls from the patients.
- Making all/any outgoing calls to the patients.
- Manage the physicians/doctor’s appointment calendar.
- Manage and organize Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Record, review, and take steps to follow-up on and resolve patient complaints.
- Analyze complaints to enhance the overall quality of care.
- Create and maintain record-keeping files and systems for both the physicians and the patients.
- Assure confidentiality of paperwork, documents, and calls.
- Handle calls from providers and plan members regarding balance inquiries and generate appropriate resolutions if necessary and required.
- Maintain timely communication with patients.
- Represent the Client in an approachable, pleasant, and professional manner.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Client such as Data Entry assignments.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Customer Service Representative or Customer Service Advocate on a healthcare account.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with scheduling systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Approachable, professional, discrete, and personable.
- Ability to provide high-quality customer service and follow through on all assignments.
- Can work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Has initiative and can meet deadlines.
- Can start ASAP!
Work From Home Setup. Contractor Position in the first 6 months. Employment status will change depending on the performance during the 1st 6 Months.